University of California, Berkeley
Department of Integrative Biology
Office: 4095 Valley Life Sciences Building
- University of California, Berkeley - B.S. Genetics and Plant Biology (2017-present)
- University of California, Berkeley, Whiteman Lab, August 2018- Present
- I am collaborating with a team within the Whiteman Lab to research the evolutionary forces driving the coevolution of milkweed butterflies and the toxic plants that they specialize on. I have been awarded a summer fellowship to work on this project by UC Berkeley's Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program (URAP). I plan to continue this work into the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year and will be writing a senior thesis analyzing the physiological effects of plant toxins on the sodium potassium pump of the milkweed butterflies.
- University of California, Berkeley, Simms Lab, August 2018- Present
- Within the Simms Lab at UC Berkeley, I researched genetic evolution within the traits of flowering time and post-pollination petal abscission across species of plants in the Ipomoea genus. This project culminated in an honors thesis within UC Berkeley's College of Natural Resources that I completed during my third year at UC Berkeley (2019-2020). My honors thesis focused on the determining the role of ethylene in post pollination petal senescence within the system of Ipomoea purpurea. I also presented this work at BSA's Botany conference in the summer of 2020.
- University of California, Berkeley, Kremen Lab, January-May 2018
Honors and Awards
- UC Berkeley, URAP Summer Award, 2020
- UC Berkeley, CNR Sponsored Projects for Undergraduate Research Grant, 2020